meningioma: (Default)
[personal profile] meningioma posting in [community profile] findingfriends
Is there an interesting story behind your username? umm, it was nillavald12 before, which was a combination of my name and my anime husbands last name. But then I wanted something that sounded cooler, while I was studying I found that and said, ok that works lmafo.

Location and language(s): Burgerland America, English.

Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.): 20s, but I’m open to making friends of all ages (except minors)

Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:animal abuse, racism, the bar is low.

Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.? yup, my top post.

Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?id say so.

List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:I am currently in the throes of a warhammer obsession, I will be posting art and rambles about warhammer extremely feverishly for the next 3 years at the bare minimum.

You mostly write about:on my public entries, fannish things and Linux. On my locked entries, mostly boring life updates.

You never or very rarely write about:politics I guess.

Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?it’s a mix of both locked and unlocked things! I like to keep things separated that way.

Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?yes, I do filter out my mental health posting sometimes. I’m bad with that. All mental health stuff will be put behind a read more and locked either way…

Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):I do try to post weekly.

Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?I am an artist, so there will be lots of drawings and picspams. They will all be spoilered behind a read more though.

What do you enjoy most about journaling?I like having a long form place to work out my thoughts, and to have captions for each of my drawings.

How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?I read it every time I log on, and that does depend on how busy I am and how much procrastinating I’m doing in the real world XD

You really enjoy reading about:Your creative process, logs about sewing, drawing, writing, anything creative! If you’re fannish and have juicy long posts about your blorbos, I love love love that. I also love reading about people’s days and joining in kvetching. But I really really would love to read about your blorbos, and join in fannish love. Or your Ocs! Or your sewing or knitting or cosplay adventures!!

You have very little interest in reading about:tiktok drama. Discord drama. I’ll read about twitter and tumblr drama tho.

Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?LOVE IT. GIMMEEE

When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?hmmmm. Quality.

Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly?no. I’m bad at commenting too, so I don’t unfriend people for not commenting.

What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals?if I have something interesting to add, or if I think you need some hugs or something, I try to be thorough with my comments. But sometimes we as a society just need some simple hugs or reassurance and I can do that too. I’m trying to be more thorough with my comments tho…

When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?I’ll be honest, I don’t let people into my private journal unless we click. My public entries have lots to see, and idk I get private on there so I dont just let everyone in… if you want to unfriend me, I don’t need a note explaining why, you can just do it. I don’t care. I also unfriend in silence. I didn’t even know people sent notes about that sort of thing to be honest…

AND LASTLY

Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?hmmm. In a fannish way, deffo warhammer. And metal gear. I get very obsessive over one thing at a time, so if I like something, I’m gonna post about it insanely for a good few years.

Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends? I also like quilting!

Preview

Top of the Class layout for Tabula Rasa. Color theme: Spring Break. Having trouble? Make sure the box for Use Layout Stylesheet is checked.