An Introduction
Sep. 26th, 2026 07:39 amI had a Live Journal from 2003/4 to when I deleted it in 2022. Created a Dreamwidth in 2011 as a back up and came over full time in 2017/18 and then again this year.
Is there an interesting story behind your username?
In a way. I consider life a mystical journey
Location and language(s):
US-English
Age range: Over 65
Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:
People that unfriend my journal with no explained reason why. Also from my profile: I am a baby boomer who does not tolerate age or race discrimination, rudeness, and any other type of unacceptable behavior on my journal.
I respect how others live or in what they believe. Individuals that are over 18, act in a mature manner, and kind to others are warmly welcomed.
Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.?
Just the short bio on my profile.
Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?
I think so as of this month.
List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:
I am from the US. Married for many years and finally retired. Older then some people on dreamwidth but up to date and understanding of today's attitudes and society. As one gets older we may want to render advice but I have recently learned to curb myself in that aspect and don't cross private or other lines unless asked. That is if my response would be meaningful. Otherwise, I am just supportive or do not respond to an entry where I have no business doing so.
You mostly write about:
My daily life or thoughts. My interests not so much at this time. But I am trying to get back into some of them.
You never or very rarely write about:
Politics, gaming, fandom, and some personal things.
Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?
Locked to 'friends only.'
Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?
No.
Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):
Maybe a few times a week. I comment more than post. Being retired cuts many activities from my working years I use to post about.
Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Not that much. An occasional meme or images/descriptions on astronomy.
What do you enjoy most about journaling?
The connection with other people to still communicate and learn.
How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?
Daily or every other day.
Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
It is mixed. It depends on the subject matter.
When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?
I just enjoy responses as long as they are not demeaning.
When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?
I prefer being notified of being unfriended and the reason why. I would do the same. But it someone doesn't that is just the way it is with no hard feelings. Plus I respect people when they post about doing a friends cut.
AND LASTLY
Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?
I generally don't but may mention a good book I have read or a film or TV show.
Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?
Just be open, honest, and make journaling an enjoyable and learning experience. And be understanding and supportive if there are personal posts if asked to comment.
Thank you for reading!
Is there an interesting story behind your username?
In a way. I consider life a mystical journey
Location and language(s):
US-English
Age range: Over 65
Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:
People that unfriend my journal with no explained reason why. Also from my profile: I am a baby boomer who does not tolerate age or race discrimination, rudeness, and any other type of unacceptable behavior on my journal.
I respect how others live or in what they believe. Individuals that are over 18, act in a mature manner, and kind to others are warmly welcomed.
Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.?
Just the short bio on my profile.
Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?
I think so as of this month.
List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:
I am from the US. Married for many years and finally retired. Older then some people on dreamwidth but up to date and understanding of today's attitudes and society. As one gets older we may want to render advice but I have recently learned to curb myself in that aspect and don't cross private or other lines unless asked. That is if my response would be meaningful. Otherwise, I am just supportive or do not respond to an entry where I have no business doing so.
You mostly write about:
My daily life or thoughts. My interests not so much at this time. But I am trying to get back into some of them.
You never or very rarely write about:
Politics, gaming, fandom, and some personal things.
Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?
Locked to 'friends only.'
Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?
No.
Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):
Maybe a few times a week. I comment more than post. Being retired cuts many activities from my working years I use to post about.
Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Not that much. An occasional meme or images/descriptions on astronomy.
What do you enjoy most about journaling?
The connection with other people to still communicate and learn.
How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?
Daily or every other day.
Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
It is mixed. It depends on the subject matter.
When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?
I just enjoy responses as long as they are not demeaning.
When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?
I prefer being notified of being unfriended and the reason why. I would do the same. But it someone doesn't that is just the way it is with no hard feelings. Plus I respect people when they post about doing a friends cut.
AND LASTLY
Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?
I generally don't but may mention a good book I have read or a film or TV show.
Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?
Just be open, honest, and make journaling an enjoyable and learning experience. And be understanding and supportive if there are personal posts if asked to comment.
Thank you for reading!
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 05:24 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 07:32 pm (UTC)I would be delighted to friend and read about your day to day life. Mine right now is pretty quiet but I'll post on what I do.
Let's give it a try. I will friend you right after this entry. And welcome to my journal. (:-)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 07:33 pm (UTC)I'm not really an authority, but I try to keep up - keep track of what books are coming out and always pop them to the top of my reading list.
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 07:35 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 07:49 pm (UTC)We are sort of in the same age range ... (well I suspect I'm older at age 76!) ... and maybe even a similar mindset? I particularly resonated with this paragraph that you wrote:
Plus - I also resonate with your views on advice-giving. The best learning is through experience - not via someone's advice! And my advice might not be appropriate or work for you!
To learn more about me, check out my Dreamwidth profile that's mostly up to date. But here's a link to the one on Live Journal (I still have a journal there) that's a little more detailed: https://sweetmeow.livejournal.com/profile/ After we friend each other, I also have a friends-only "sticky" post that will help you understand the people in my world and a bit more about me: https://sweetmeow.dreamwidth.org/655685.html
FYI - my journal is mostly friends only. I'd love to get to know you. Should we give it a try?!
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 11:52 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 11:48 pm (UTC)I'd love to add you as a friend here, if you are interested. I am mid 40's, a wife and mom, and I work in a medical office. I post about my every day life and things I am doing. I like to cook/bake/read. I see that the other two commenters here are already my friends, so perhaps the circle will grow to include all of us! I will wait to add you until you confirm :)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 11:56 pm (UTC)Adding you now and welcome to my journal!~
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-27 12:01 am (UTC)