author_by_night: (I really need a new userpic)
[personal profile] author_by_night posting in [community profile] findingfriends
   Is there an interesting story behind your username? I was a teenager on ff.n and thought it sounded edgy. Twenty-five years later, I still haven't ditched it, at least not on here.

Location and language(s): Live in the US, and I post in English.

Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.): 40's.

Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending: Trumpians, bigotry of any kind. (For the record, you can't claim you just want everyone to get along when you believe some people deserve fewer rights than you. That's not how it works.)   

Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.? No, but I might make one, now that you mention it.

Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful? Not really, but my Friends Only page is.  https://author-by-night.dreamwidth.org/260431.html

 
 You mostly write about:. Things that are on my mind. I often pull questions from Reddit and Quora for inspiration. I talk about books I've read, shows and movies I've seen. I love hearing from others, too. 

I also talk about fannish things, though less often specific fandoms.
 
You never or very rarely write about: This isn't really a "things I did today" journal. I talk about my friends and family sometimes, but not constantly. 

Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked? Mostly locked. 

Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)? Mostly just politics and fandom. Sometimes other ones as well. 

Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.): Every few days.

Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc? Questions memes, yes. Picture memes, linkspams, etc., no. 

What do you enjoy most about journaling? Getting my thoughts out there and hearing from others.

How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)? Daily.

You really enjoy reading about:  Common interests, what's on your mind. 

Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc? I prefer there be text to go along with it.
 
When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity? Mostly, I'd rather people not comment just to comment. 
 
Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly? Not really, unless I realize I'm not commenting much, either.

What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals? I try only commenting if I have something to say. Also, I'm neurodivergent, so my way of relating to people is sometimes by relaying my own experience. People sometimes take that as me ignoring their point or arguing with them. 

When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first?  Not really. I think if someone unsubscribes, the fact speaks for itself. Saying why you didn't click is just going to hurt their feelings. 

AND LASTLY

Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general? 

 Heated Rivalry, Schitt's Creek and Buffyverse are the fannish interests that come up the most, but I don't talk about them regularly. I probably would talk about them more if there were more interest, though. I do talk about fannish things in general often, though, and I also love talking about shows, books and movies.

Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?  Not really.

Preview

Top of the Class layout for Tabula Rasa. Color theme: Spring Break. Having trouble? Make sure the box for Use Layout Stylesheet is checked.