Is there an interesting story behind your username?
There isn't! After years of having the word 'cupcake' as part of my usernames online I decided to go with something completely different. :-)
Location and language(s):
USA, Colorado. English and Spanish, but my updates will be in English.
Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.):
I'm turning 45 in less than a month!
Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:
You're a Trump supporter, anti-LGBTQIA+ and all the ideology that goes along with that. Then again, probably wouldn't friend each other to begin with. I will also not keep anyone who I don't interact with or we only interact in your journal. I don't add/keep people who don't reply to comments left in their journal because to me all the commenting back and forth is fun and how I get to know someone. People who update multiple times a day a la Twitter.
Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.?
I do not. :\ I just re-joined this site yesterday and I'm still figuring stuff out. Now I'm thinking I should type one up.
Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?
Up-to-date, yes, but probably not entirely useful at the moment, eep.
List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:
I'm looking to add journals not just for the sake of having more people to read--I legitimately think online friends are real friends and I want to get to know those I add and have them know me in return. I'm currently deep in the joy that is perimenopause and dealing with agoraphobia so that's been no fun.
You mostly write about:
My life, movies I'm watching, books I'm reading, etc.
You never or very rarely write about:
Politics. Just know I'm a hater of the current administration. I'm not active in any fandoms, but I'm a low-key K-pop stan. ;)
Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?
For now it's public and I'll probably have a mix of locked and public posts depending on the content of the entry.
Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?
I'm too new here and haven't explored filters, but I'm thinking no, I will not use filters.
Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):
These days it's like once a week and mostly once every couple of weeks, but I'm hoping adding more people will help improve that. -_-
Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Will probably have pictures, but they'll relate to the post. Probably none of the others.
What do you enjoy most about journaling?
I love getting to read how people live in different parts of the world. I love getting to know people and read about what's going on in their everyday life.
How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?
Daily!
You really enjoy reading about:
Regular ol' day-to-day life. Pets, signifiant others, family, books you're reading, movies you've watched.
You have very little interest in reading about:
Fandom. Journals that *only* have updates about books and movies without any life stuff. AI content.
Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Not a fan unless they relate to the entry.
When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?
I think both are important. I don't want comments for the sake of commenting, but if you're more of a lurker we won't be a good match.
Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly?
How will I know if someone is reading if they don't comment? I do unfriend those who don't comment much.
What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals?
If I have you friended on here I *will* comment the majority of the time. ^_^
When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?
This one is a bit tricky. In the past I used to send a note and the responses lead to back and forth I didn't want to engage in so since then I unfriend without warning, but I don't see that happening if we communicate a lot on here. In those cases I would probably let someone know to see if we can work things out and would appreciate the same in return.
AND LASTLY
Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?
I sometimes write about shows I'm re-watching or watching (Sex and the City, horror movies, Friends), but it's definitely not a regular occurrence.
Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?
I'm excited to potentially meet some new people! ^_^ Not looking to add any straight males or anyone younger than 30. I just get along better with people of similar age or older. :-)
There isn't! After years of having the word 'cupcake' as part of my usernames online I decided to go with something completely different. :-)
Location and language(s):
USA, Colorado. English and Spanish, but my updates will be in English.
Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.):
I'm turning 45 in less than a month!
Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:
You're a Trump supporter, anti-LGBTQIA+ and all the ideology that goes along with that. Then again, probably wouldn't friend each other to begin with. I will also not keep anyone who I don't interact with or we only interact in your journal. I don't add/keep people who don't reply to comments left in their journal because to me all the commenting back and forth is fun and how I get to know someone. People who update multiple times a day a la Twitter.
Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.?
I do not. :\ I just re-joined this site yesterday and I'm still figuring stuff out. Now I'm thinking I should type one up.
Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?
Up-to-date, yes, but probably not entirely useful at the moment, eep.
List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:
I'm looking to add journals not just for the sake of having more people to read--I legitimately think online friends are real friends and I want to get to know those I add and have them know me in return. I'm currently deep in the joy that is perimenopause and dealing with agoraphobia so that's been no fun.
You mostly write about:
My life, movies I'm watching, books I'm reading, etc.
You never or very rarely write about:
Politics. Just know I'm a hater of the current administration. I'm not active in any fandoms, but I'm a low-key K-pop stan. ;)
Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?
For now it's public and I'll probably have a mix of locked and public posts depending on the content of the entry.
Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?
I'm too new here and haven't explored filters, but I'm thinking no, I will not use filters.
Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):
These days it's like once a week and mostly once every couple of weeks, but I'm hoping adding more people will help improve that. -_-
Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Will probably have pictures, but they'll relate to the post. Probably none of the others.
What do you enjoy most about journaling?
I love getting to read how people live in different parts of the world. I love getting to know people and read about what's going on in their everyday life.
How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?
Daily!
You really enjoy reading about:
Regular ol' day-to-day life. Pets, signifiant others, family, books you're reading, movies you've watched.
You have very little interest in reading about:
Fandom. Journals that *only* have updates about books and movies without any life stuff. AI content.
Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?
Not a fan unless they relate to the entry.
When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?
I think both are important. I don't want comments for the sake of commenting, but if you're more of a lurker we won't be a good match.
Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly?
How will I know if someone is reading if they don't comment? I do unfriend those who don't comment much.
What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals?
If I have you friended on here I *will* comment the majority of the time. ^_^
When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?
This one is a bit tricky. In the past I used to send a note and the responses lead to back and forth I didn't want to engage in so since then I unfriend without warning, but I don't see that happening if we communicate a lot on here. In those cases I would probably let someone know to see if we can work things out and would appreciate the same in return.
AND LASTLY
Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?
I sometimes write about shows I'm re-watching or watching (Sex and the City, horror movies, Friends), but it's definitely not a regular occurrence.
Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?
I'm excited to potentially meet some new people! ^_^ Not looking to add any straight males or anyone younger than 30. I just get along better with people of similar age or older. :-)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-10-24 06:11 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-10-25 05:09 pm (UTC)