catherines: (blue tattoo)
[personal profile] catherines posting in [community profile] findingfriends
Is there an interesting story behind your username? It's my full name with a "C" spelling since [personal profile] katherines is taken by someone who created a blank journal that has never been used, posted in, or commented with 🙃 Love that for me (people suck). I go by Katie though.

Location and language(s):📍Washington DC area, USA

Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.): Mid 30s

Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending: I am a pretty laid back, nonjudgmental person when it comes to what someone posts about in their own journal however if that is not reciprocated or if I feel unsafe with you in my circle, I will immediately unfriend you. Additionally, I do not appreciate people who flat out bash faith communities. I am a follower of Christ and while I do not consider myself "religious" (in fact I do not like religion) - I do have a relationship with Jesus and it is important to me. So if you cannot handle any mention of faith, we probably won't click.

Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.? Yup, it's in the header on my layout and it is pretty detailed!

You mostly write about: My job (I am currently an overnight emergency room social worker at a children's hospital), my relationship (my partner is currently in jail and has been since June & there are many mixed emotions around that), and school (I am getting my 2nd master's degree in addiction policy and am hoping to leave the field of social work, long story). Other than that, just day-to-day stuff. Sometimes mental health or recovery-related since I am in recovery. Occasionally I do talk about my Christian faith, but I will never force it down your throat.

You never or very rarely write about: Politics. I just don't go there.

Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked? It's always locked.

Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)? No, but I do trigger warnings and cuts.

Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.): I tend to do weekly or biweekly posts but depends.

Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc? Occasionally personal photos.

What do you enjoy most about journaling? I love having the outlet and the fact I get to build personal relationships with the people I meet on here. I have met many of my LJ/DW friends IRL and kept in touch with them over the years and they are such special relationships to me! I want more people on my list who I can develop those types of friendships with.

How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)? I'd say daily to every other day.

You really enjoy reading about: People's lives, resilience, adversity/past trauma/healing from it, recovery from mental health or addiction struggles. Day to day victories. Different faith and cultural practices. I love hearing about travel too!

You have very little interest in reading about: Anything witchy or "woo woo," satanic stuff, tarot, ouija. Glad it works for you, I just don't want to read about it. Same with fanfics or if someone obsessively posts about media/celebrities/books etc.

Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc? I would rather see something personal and if I don't, I will probably unfriend you soon 😂

When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity? Quality, 100%. I would rather you say something meaningful than just say something to say something.

Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly? I do if I feel like I barely know you and it has been months since I have seen an entry from you and I don't even know what is happening in your life or remember what your name is??

What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals? I comment when I have something to actually contribute. I really try not to say something just to say something.

When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances? I typically will unfriend someone without warning if we have barely talked or interacted. If it has been months since you have posted, commented, or since we've had a meaningful interaction I would expect you to do the same for me. It's nothing personal.

AND LASTLY

Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general? My preferences change a lot and I mostly will talk about TV because binging shows is my escape from work lol. But to give an idea for what I am watching now: Grey's Anatomy (yes, season 23!!), the Wire (I know, I am late), Sullivan's Crossing. I am also rewatching The Vampire Diaries because helloooo fall?! 🍂

Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends? If we are going to be DW friends since I actually like to have meaningful relationships with my friends, please share your first name / whatever you prefer to be called in a comment below (and no, I will not call you your username). I am screening the comments for your privacy! 

Looking forward to meeting you 🤗

Preview

Top of the Class layout for Tabula Rasa. Color theme: Spring Break. Having trouble? Make sure the box for Use Layout Stylesheet is checked.