amaleihna: A drawing of a book cover, high fantasy, with a Black alien mermaid protagonist (Default)
[personal profile] amaleihna posting in [community profile] findingfriends
Is there an interesting story behind your username?

It is the name of a world I am imagining together with Ori, it means ongoing bloom.



<Location and language(s):

I speak English only, unfortunately, and I am based in Brighton and Hove in the UK.

Age range (e.g 20s, 30s, etc.):

I prefer to talk with those older than me because I adore learning from those with more experience, but I am also happy to befriend those closer to my own age of 22.

Hot button/deal breaker issues that will likely lead to unfriending:

I am an asexual man disinterested in romance. If you attempt to flirt with me or talk of sexual matters despite knowing this I willl lose fondness for you. I do not mind people not being understanding of me being trans, or alterhuman, but my asexuality (not experiencing sexual attraction) is something that I need people to understand as I have been taken advantage of before and wish for safe friendship/correspondence.

Also, while I dislike AI (due to its effects on the job market and environment), I have used it in the past whilst I was lonely and did not want to burden my friends with my troubles. I am seeking real connections so that I no longer feel tempted to talk to AI.

As of now, I have deleted all AI apps from my phone, and have also written an essay encouraging others to use it less (which can be viewed on dreamwidth).

If you would prefer to friend/correspond with someone who has never used AI, I completely understand, and will take no offense whatsoever.

Oh. One more thing (my apologies) but please do be kind to all animals, including bugs. They are not capable of malice, and just want to exist. It scares me how many people take glee in killing beings much smaller than them. Self defense, such as swatting a mosquito, is understandable. However, if your default reaction to a bug merely existing next to you is to kill a living being simply because you are uncomfortable/scared, I cannot be friends with you. If you take bugs outside to safety we will likely get on splendidly.

Do you have an "About Me" post new friends can read to get a sense of who you are, the people you talk about regularly, etc.?

Yes! I do. It is stickied to the top of my journal :-)

Is your profile up-to-date or at all useful?

Yes, I do believe so

List a few things you think it's important new friends know about you right away:

I am rather formal and humourless and live a very boring, plain life, and I am content. If you wish for journal entries with more emotional expression please do feel free to read another journal :-)

I do believe that is all - I have already listed the bad habit I am trying to break (talking to AI) already.

You mostly write about:

Music, daily updates regarding my personal life, and essays regarding whichever topic enthralal me most at the time, and original fiction.

You never or very rarely write about:

Fandoms, videogames, sports, movies.

Is your journal mostly public, locked, or a mix of public and locked?

Entirely public as of now. I have not writren anything that is so personal as to want to share it selectively yet. I am a very open person and do not mind strangers viewing my innermost thoughts, as I enjoy being understood and known, and I dislike the idea of my thoughts being beind a wall. I desire to make people feel less lonely, and can best achieve this by being open to strangers.

Do you use filters for certain types of posts (e.g. fandom-related posts, or posts about sex, or mental health issues, etc.)?

Yes - my posts are all tagged. I will copy and paste my tagging system to here.

Personal: for personal matters

Daily update: My daily update, pertaining to mundane matters, and on occassions matters more often viewed as extraordinary.

Music: My posts relating to music I enjoy and why.

Weekly update: These will be written on Fridays by Phantasm and cross posted to her blog on Amaleihna.neocities.org :-)

Not an essay: Feel free to blacklist this tag if you are only here for my essays

Book Review: What it says - I will keep spoilers behind a cut so you can enjoy the book on your own terms.

Names: If it is tagged by Omacha, Ori, Love, Am, Phantasm, or Ohan, it means it was written by those who have added their name to the post.

Nature: Regarding animals and the natural world

Others: I will also frequently write about psychosis, being alterhuman, memory, fiction, so feel free to frequent those tags if you are curious about what I have to say on these matters. I will add a content warning for any particularly heavy pieces. It is never my intention to upset anyone.

Your posting frequency (e.g. daily, every few days, weekly, etc.):

Twice daily or more - one song of the day, and one daily update. I completely understand if you would prefer infrequent updates over frequent ones.

Does your journal frequently include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?

On occasion, I will take photos of the pigeons that perch on my window :-) I will also share my art. All GIFs and flashing lights will have a warning preceding them, if I do ever include them, as I am aware of motion sickness and photosensitivity. I will try to include image descriptions as well. If I ever forgot to include one please do nudge me to write one.

What do you enjoy most about journaling?

Forging connections with others :-)



How often do you read your friends list (e.g. daily, every other day, once a week, etc.)?

I go through my reading page multiple times daily.

You really enjoy reading about:

The extraordinary mundanity of day to day lives, nonfiction, fantasy, analysis, musings, and authentic matters written by people nor corporations.

You have very little interest in reading about: Sexual matters. Other than that I am curious about everything.


Your thoughts on journals that regularly include any of the following: memes, linkspams, gifs, photos, videos, etc?

I am content with that

When it comes to comments on your posts, what matters more -- quality or quantity?

I value connection most of all. Respond as much as you desire, or as little as you desire.

Do you unfriend people who don't comment much, even if you know they are reading you regularly?

Most certainly not! I deeply appreciate all who read my work. I am very lucky people are inetrested in my words.

What is your approach when it comes to commenting on other journals?

I try to suggest things that might be fun, like songs or games or neocities, but do not give advice unless asked for it as I believe that to be very rude.

When you friend someone, but things don't really click, do you unfriend them without warning, or do you send them a note first? How do you prefer to be unfriended in similar circumstances?

I would prefer a parting note, and I would also send a parting note if a person's journal ever became too much for me (eg perhaps multiple daily posts without a tagging system to filter).


AND LASTLY

Friending memes often ask people to list their favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., but more often than not, those aren't things people actually write about in their journal. Do you have any favourite TV shows, movies, books, etc., that you DO often write about -- not necessarily in a fandom sort of way, just in general?

No, but perhaps I should! I may write chapter by chapter notes of The Haunted Self for example. That might be very enjoyable and useful to others given the nature of the book.

Warm regards,
Omacha

Any final thoughts you'd like to share with potential new friends?



Have a most delightful day!

Preview

Top of the Class layout for Tabula Rasa. Color theme: Spring Break. Having trouble? Make sure the box for Use Layout Stylesheet is checked.